Intro to Comp Media Finall
The post is about steps and thought went through while working on two projects – Microhabitat(phycom class) and A Bowl of Rice(storytelling class)
For the last ICM project, I decided to design web version of Microhabitat, my final phycom project.
The project lets audience to look around my small habitat using microscope. Being physically remote, the web version will allow audience to get hints on what they will see using the real microscope. (link to project proposal)
In the script, there are two things that the user can play with
- Change angle of the camera control the knob and using the right and left arrow
- Look at details by getting close to the video the user is seeing
The code goes through the following steps to make “get close to the screen to see details”
- Record initial eye distance
To stabilize the value, add all the first 50 frames of eye dist on starting the poseNet. Then average the values
- Compare the real-time eye dist with the initial eye dist.
- The video with the details written on it is tinted (255,0). If the compared eye dist goes over a certain number, change the value to (255,255)